+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Foreign credit cards for French train ticket sales

I postred an answer to the above this morning but it seems to have disappeared. Just a note: being unable to use foreign credit cards on the French sncf website dates from the appearance of the notice that foreign credit cards WITHOUT chip and pin wouldn't be accepted. Not withstanding this, ALL foreign cards (at least all the ones I have - German, English and Spanish) are no longer useable with the French sncf website but work perfectly well with the Spanish sncf website.

Another piece of trivia: I see many travellers on the TGV who have their tickets stored on laptops, smartphones, and fondleslabs, and the screen images are acceptable to the ticket collector's scanner. Wouldn't try this myself - you don't need charged batteries when the ticket is printed on paper !

Quote Originally Posted by OFSO View Post
    I postred an answer to the above this morning but it seems to have disappeared. Just a note: being unable to use foreign credit cards on the French sncf website dates from the appearance of the notice that foreign credit cards WITHOUT chip and pin wouldn't be accepted. Not withstanding this, ALL foreign cards (at least all the ones I have - German, English and Spanish) are no longer useable with the French sncf website but work perfectly well with the Spanish sncf website. !
    Yes, I understood from your previous posts that you had ben unable to use your credit cards on www.voyages-sncf. I don't know why your personal cards are not being accepted. However, it is clearly NOT a blanket SNCF policy decision to refuse foreign credit cards, since I have today been able to use one. The purpose of my post was to correct any earlier impression in this thread that the SNCF website has stopped accepting foreign credit cards. This is NOT the case. SNCFs card policy and spending limits were outlined by another poster a few posts back.

I welcome comments from other people who have been able (or unable) to use non-French credit cards on the website in the last few weeks.
    Last edited by scirocco; 07-19-2011 at 11:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread