+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Train/subway from Orly-quest to La Defense area of Paris

Default Train/subway from Orly-quest to La Defense area of Paris

Greetings-My understanding is the fastest and cheapest way from Orly airport (Quest) to our hotel in the La Defense area of Paris is by train. First, is that true? Second, if that is true what is the best route to get there/how do we do it? Also we will have a suitcase and a carry on with each of us. Thanks to anyone who can help us out. Although we are not exactly city neophytes, we unfortunately do not know French so want to have this information before we get there. Thanks very much.

Mike

Frank is offline Paris Train Senior Advisor

To me, the fastest and easiest way to get from Orly-Ouest to the La Defense area is by "Les Cars Air France" and RER (regional rail). "Cars" in French, translates to "Bus," not automobiles. These are first-class, air conditioned buses with luggage storage. By taking the bus, you will avoid carrying your bags up and down steps at RER/Metro stations and having them with you which can be daunting. Cost? About 12 Euros for the Les Cars plus about 2 Euros for the RER, one-way versus about 9 Euros using the RER/Metro.

This is how I would get from Orly-Ouest to the La Defense area:

At Orly-Ouest go to Porte G and take Les Cars Air France; Direction: Arc de Triomph (this portion takes about 35 minutes)
    From Arc de Triomph (Charles de Gaulle-Etoile) take RER A; Direction: Cergy-de-Haut
    Exit RER A at La Defense (this portion takes about 5 minutes)

You do not have to be an Air France customer to utilize this service.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    To me, the fastest and easiest way to get from Orly-Ouest to the La Defense area is by "Les Cars Air France" and RER (regional rail). "Cars" in French, translates to "Bus," not automobiles. These are first-class, air conditioned buses with luggage storage. By taking the bus, you will avoid carrying your bags up and down steps at RER/Metro stations and having them with you which can be daunting. Cost? About 12 Euros for the Les Cars plus about 2 Euros for the RER, one-way versus about 9 Euros using the RER/Metro.

This is how I would get from Orly-Ouest to the La Defense area:

At Orly-Ouest go to Porte G and take Les Cars Air France; Direction: Arc de Triomph (this portion takes about 35 minutes)
    From Arc de Triomph (Charles de Gaulle-Etoile) take RER A; Direction: Cergy-de-Haut
    Exit RER A at La Defense (this portion takes about 5 minutes)

You do not have to be an Air France customer to utilize this service.
    Good your comment
    Piles Treatment
    Piles Treatment

+ Reply to Thread