+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disneyland Paris, Traveling by train from cdg airport!

Default Disneyland Paris, Traveling by train from cdg airport!

Hi, If anybody could help me I would be really grateful.

Im flying into cdg airport in October and then onto disneyland paris, and was wondering if its cheaper to buy your train ticket in advance or when you arrive, I have been quoted 100(roundtrip) by rail europe, which seems a little high for the 21min round trip.

Finally how long will it take to get from terminal 1- terminal 2,im flying with bmi baby, and will have to collect bags etc, so just wondering on train time's !

Many thanks
    Matt

Frank is offline Paris Train Senior Advisor

To be safe, I would calculate at least one hour (probably longer) to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 TGV station. I'm in the US and checked Rail Europe's fares for this 8 to 12 minute, one-way trip to Disney on the TGV. The cost varies, by class, from 23 USD to 77 USD, one-way, for this really short trip. You were quoted 154 USD, round-trip, the highest first-class, round-trip price. Try to book the cheapest, second-class trip since you are on the TGV for a very short time. It's puzzling why this cost is so high. But, then, this is the only really convenient, fast way to get to Disney from CDG. As we say here in the States: "They have you!" Your alternative is to take the RER B train INTO Paris to Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A to get to your destination, Marne-la-Valle Chessy, which is Disney. Problem? This trip, since you are traveling with a baby, takes over one hour. Obviously not a good choice.

I would definitely keep searching the Internet for cheaper fares, for the TGV from CDG to Disney.
    Last edited by Frank; 09-06-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Hi All,I wonder if anyone can help i'm in a bit of confusion as what to do.I'm flying in to CDG airport in october with husband and 2 older children i know you can get an RER train from there at the B line that you can then change at Chatelet Les Halles station to use the A line to Marne-la vallee chessy.from there i'll be using the free shuttle bus to our hotel.I will be arriving at cdg 19.30hrs if the flight is on time.I only really need to use the RER for transfers from the airport and return journey.Can i get all single journey tickets for four adults one way that covers zones 1 to 5 and will that ticket cover the change at chatelet les halles onto Marne la vallee or do i need other single tickets for the change at Chatelet les Halles onto Marne la Vallee?I know you can get a TGV train at CDG that only takes 10 mins or 12mins but i find it a bit pricey for a 10 mins journey with return tickets as well,i was quoted �120 pounds for the four of us.I know this is how it can be in Paris(exspensive).Has anyone got any information that will get us there travelling in the evening with either RER,TGV,or other cheaper methods that may not take so long?Has anyone any idea of how long the journey will take from CDG to Marne-La-Vallee by RER?Sorry for all the questions but i have been looking for days to try and solve this the best route,price and time travel.Thxs in advance for any info that comes my way.Now i think i'll retire my weary brain to bed.

To be safe, I would calculate at least one hour (probably longer) to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 TGV station. I'm in the US and checked Rail Europe's fares for this 8 to 12 minute, one-way trip to Disney on the TGV. The cost varies, by class, from 23 USD to 77 USD, one-way, for this really short trip. You were quoted 154 USD, round-trip, the highest first-class, round-trip price. Try to book the cheapest, second-class trip since you are on the TGV for a very short time. It's puzzling why this cost is so high. But, then, this is the only really convenient, fast way to get to Disney from CDG. As we say here in the States: "They have you!" Your alternative is to take the RER B train INTO Paris to Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A to get to your destination, Marne-la-Valle Chessy, which is Disney. Problem? This trip, since you are traveling with a baby, takes over one hour. Obviously not a good choice.

+ Reply to Thread