+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Take me to Disneyland Paris

Red face Take me to Disneyland Paris

Hello from Germany!

We (2 adults and 2 children age 10 and 5) planning to travel from Cologne (Germany) to Disneyland Paris by train from 04.January to 09.January 2011. If we will take the Thalys directly to Marne La Vallee it will costs us about 300, - Ä for a one way ticket. This is far too expensive. If we take the Thalys from Cologne to Paris Nord we have to pay around 100, - Ä for a one way ticket. I think this is a fair price.

Iíve read several posts and found a lot of information about getting from Paris Nord to Disneyland by RER, but I still have some questions:

1. Can I buy tickets for the RER in advance and which one do I have to buy?
    2. With my two children in mind, which way will be better? Directly to Disneyland or via Paris? Do we have to walk a long way to the RER station?
    3. Can I use any offers in advance, which could make my travel by Thalys cheaper?
    4. Can I download any time tables for the RER departures now, which make me planning my RER trip in advance?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my horrible English !

Frank is offline Paris Train Senior Advisor

You should buy your RER tickets when you arrive at Gare du Nord. Minimal cost when considering direct Cologne/Disney. 8 Euros each?

The RER station is in the Gare du Nord. Very little walking.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any cheaper Thalys offers Cologne/Paris. As you wrote, the price 100 Euros is fair, although since you have plenty of time, you might want to do more Internet searching.

The RER trains run very frequently through the Paris region, unless you are traveling very late at night, early morning. You really don't need a timetable.

This is an example of getting from Gare du Nord to Disney. Easy with two children:

From Gare du Nord take RER B; direction: Robinson
    Exit RER B at Chatelet-Les Halles (this trip takes about 5 minutes)

From Chatelet take RER A; direction: Marne la Vallee Chessy
    Exit RER A at Marne la Valley Chessy which is Disney (this trip takes about 45 minutes)

+ Reply to Thread