+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CDG to Paris Opera Area

Threaded View

Question CDG to Paris Opera Area

We will be arriving at CDG Airport the first week of October and stay at an apartment on Rue Moliere. The apartment owner has given us instructions on which bus to take from the airport to their establishment but it will take over an hour to get there; would the train be faster, and if so which stop would we need to get off at in order to arrive near the Opera and Rue Moliere area?

Airport CDG isn't exactly close to Paris. The RoissyBus from CDG to Paris will take about 45 minutes to travel from CDG to Opera without traffic, 60 minutes with heavy traffic. I wouldn't say RER B train + RER A train is much quicker, about 45 minutes.

See RER B train to Paris for more information on taking the train. Transfer at Chatelet Les Halles station to the RER A train line direction: Saint Germain-en-Laye (or Cergy or Poissy) until Opera station (using the same ticket as for the RER B).

Best regards,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Red face

Ben; Thanks so much for your help and information. I guess we will take the bus after all since it will get us closer to where we will be staying.

Both time I visited Paris I stayed in the Opera area. First time we took a cab from CDG. Second time we took the train. It was not bad, but sounds like the bus would be less hassle, especially with luggage.

Thanks for the input and your experience. I think we are going with the bus so we can end up closer to our rental. I hope the Friday traffic will not be too bad.

Ben; Thanks for your help. It sounds like the Chatelet Les Halles stop is VERY busy, which exit should be take to get on the metro to go to the Opera? We will be returning to CDG 3 days later will we need to purchase another ticket? We are stay on Rue Moliere, is Chatelet Les Halles stop that far of a walk if we decide not to continue on the metro? Thanks again for ALL your help. becky
    Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    Airport CDG isn't exactly close to Paris. The RoissyBus from CDG to Paris will take about 45 minutes to travel from CDG to Opera without traffic, 60 minutes with heavy traffic. I wouldn't say RER B train + RER A train is much quicker, about 45 minutes.

See RER B train to Paris for more information on taking the train. Transfer at Chatelet Les Halles station to the RER A train line direction: Saint Germain-en-Laye (or Cergy or Poissy) until Opera station (using the same ticket as for the RER B).

Best regards,

Ben

+ Reply to Thread