+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Last Metro from Versailles

Default The Last Metro from Versailles

I am wondering what time is the last train from Versailles palace to Paris. I did a search on the SNCF website but it kept on returning no results. I tried earlier times and the same thing happened.

Also, is there no train service on July 14? I am wavering between staying in Paris or visiting Versailles on Bastille Day--yea, strange idea to visit Versailles on this day, of all days, I know. But I just want to see the Musical Fountains which happens to have an extra show on this day as I can't make it on the weekend.

Any ideas?

Frank is offline Paris Train Senior Advisor

The last train, the RER C, leaves the Versailles Left Bank station at 10:50 pm, daily. As far as I know, there is no reason why it would not operate on Bastille Day, although you should check into this further. RER C takes about 30 minutes to the RER stop at Eiffel Tower.

Smile

Thanks a lot for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    The last train, the RER C, leaves the Versailles Left Bank station at 10:50 pm, daily. As far as I know, there is no reason why it would not operate on Bastille Day, although you should check into this further. RER C takes about 30 minutes to the RER stop at Eiffel Tower.
    Last train on july 14 leaves Versaiiles Rive Gauche at 11:50 pm.

Special service? That's great! I wish though that they offer the Nocturnal Fountain Show that evening.
    On the nights they have that show (Saturdays), the metro doesn't run that late and so you're kind of forced to spend overnight in a hotel there. I'm not going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ballet_nomad View Post
    Special service? That's great! I wish though that they offer the Nocturnal Fountain Show that evening.
    On the nights they have that show (Saturdays), the metro doesn't run that late and so you're kind of forced to spend overnight in a hotel there. I'm not going to do that.
    Who told you that there was no train back from Versailles after the nocturnal Fountain show? No special service as far as I know. 11:50 pm is always the last train on RER C from Versailles Rive Gauche to Paris (limited to Invalides from july 19 to August 21 because of tunnel work).

HTH
    Ed-paris

Really? Darn! I wish I had known earlier! I've already made plans to travel to another country on July 17... Wish I could watch the night fountain show and Le Serenade dance performance. Oh well, I'll try again another time!

After the Fountain Show Nocturnes and after Invalides how do you get back to central Paris ... say Gard du Nord during this time? Is there a bus?

The last train from Versailles to central Paris leaves at 01:05; if you're later than that the night buses run approximately every hour. Schedule below:

http://parisbytrain.com/files/2008/0...versailles.pdf

+ Reply to Thread