+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using TGV-europe.com from US

Threaded View

Default Using TGV-europe.com from US

I've spent the last 5hrs. trying to buy TGV tkts from CDG to Bordeaux all is great until I try to pay with a non-chipped US credit card. I get a msg. saying my payment is rejected. Can we no longer purchase tkts via this site? Rail Europe is so much more money & I don't have the same ticket options I can get at TGV-europe.com. Really frustrating. Can anyone help?

Hi DeeDee,

I've got another idea for you to try: Download and install the Chrome browser from Google, which has great instant translation abilities, go to Voyages-SNCF.com, which is the train official ticket purchase website for the company that operates TGV trains (SNCF), and try to purchase your tickets. When you get to the step of choosing how to receive your tickets, choose Station or Shop (Gare ou Boutique). You'll need to bring the credit card you use to purchase your tickets with you to the CDG Terminal 2 Train station so you can retrieve your tickets with help from the ticketing office.

When filling in the form for your Name and email address, the first Name line is for your last name, and the second Name line is for your first name. Then continuing to the next page, pay for your tickets via Visa / Mastercard / Amex.

After this, you'll receive a confirmation via email of your ticket purchase (translate it using Google Language Tools). Print this (the original French one, not a translated version) and bring it with you when arriving in CDG Airport. Use this confirmation print-out along with your credit card used for the purchase to retrieve your tickets from the Grandes Lignes ticket counter at CDG Airport Terminal 2 train station.

I hope this helps,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Default Using TGV-europe.com from US-Results

Thanks Ben,
    As you suggested, I ended up going to Voyages-SNCF.com & ordering directly from the French site. Once you've tried the English site so many times it's pretty clear even if you don't read French. Using a non-chipped US credit card wasn't a problem. I will print all my paperwork & take my credit card with me when picking up our tickets at CDG.

+ Reply to Thread