+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CDG Terminal 2B to Villemomble

Default CDG Terminal 2B to Villemomble

My daughter is flying to CDG Terminal B on 24 September. She needs to travel on the Villemomble which has a RER station.If she travels by train, is there a direct link to Villemomble from CDG airport by train or would she to go to a Paris RER and then travel back to Villemomble.
    How long would this take and what would be the cost?
    Would it be quicker and cheaper to take a taxi?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Caffey :?

Default Re: CDG Terminal 2B to Villemomble

Hi Caffey,

To get from CDG Terminal 2B to Villemomble your daughter must take the RER B from CDG to Paris, changing trains at station Gare du Nord onto an RER E train, direction Chelles Gournay, getting off at station Le Raincy Villemomble Montfermeil.

See the RER route planner article to find schedules and times for this trip.

Best regards,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Hello Ben,

Thank you so much for the information.
    I have checked the journey times from CDG to Gare du Nord and Gare du Nord to Villemomble so I have an idea of how long this journey would take. It seems a wee bit daft to travel into Paris to travel back out again in the same general direction. It may be cheaper than a a taxi directly from CDG to Villemomble but I wonder if the shorter taxi journey may be a better option. I appreciate that your expertise is in train travel but I wonder if there may be a bus service from CDG to Villemomble?
    Once again, thank you for your time in looking into this for me; it is much appreciated.

Best wishes

Caffey.

Hi Caffey,

It does seem a bit backward to travel into Paris and back out to Villemomble, but this is pretty common as Paris is the hub of all train tracks.

In my estimation, judging from an [urlnf=http://maps.google.fr/maps?f=d&saddr=aeroport+charles+de+gaulle+terminal +2&daddr=Villemomble&hl=fr&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=48. 887746,2.511063&sspn=0.28083,0.500565&ie=UTF8&z=12 :3af8pdw6]itinerary available via Google Maps[/urlnf:3af8pdw6], the price of a taxi would be around 40. (A taxi into Paris itself is around 55-60 and there is only 3 minutes difference by car between CDG to Gare du Nord and CDG to Villemomble).

There may be some shuttle bus options for Villemomble, although, I'm not too well versed in that area. Most shuttles offer service into Paris at around 20 per person. If a shuttle existed for Villemomble, I'm guessing it'd be around 15.

Best of luck,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Thanks for your help, Ben. I'll take it all on board when deciding travel arrangements.

Best Wishes,

Caffey,
    Edinburgh.

+ Reply to Thread