+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oct 6-7 Aulnay-sous-Bois to Charles de Gaulle work stoppage

Unhappy Oct 6-7 Aulnay-sous-Bois to Charles de Gaulle work stoppage

I am arriving at Charles de Gaulle on Sunday Oct 7 and I am trying to get to the Republique Metro station. I was planning to take the RER B and the Metro. The ratp.fr route planner displays this disruption:

"From Saturday, October 6, 2012 all day because of work, traffic will be stopped between stations Aulnay-sous-Bois and Aeroport Charles de Gaulle 2 TGV on the RER B until Sunday, October 7, 2012. A shuttle replacement is at your disposal" (translated from French)

The recommend route is the RoissyBus but takes approx 60 minutes. Will there be a shuttle between CDG & Aulnay-sous-Bois or should I just take the Roissy Bus / Metro.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is my first trip to France and I am not familiar with the public transit.

Yes, there will be a shuttle bus replacing the train as the translation states. I think either the Roissy Bus or the RER plus shuttle will be okay. The total trip time will probably not be all that much different. I haven't actually used the shuttle bus so I don't know how well organised or frequent they are. But they operate the replacement shuttle system quite often so they "should" have it down to a fine art.

+ Reply to Thread