+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Train from Paris to Mercure Montmartre

Default Train from Paris to Mercure Montmartre

Hi, we will be arriving in Paris on 27th December and need to get to our motel the Mercure Montmartre 3 Rue Caulaincourt. Could someone tell us which train to catch and how long it might take to get there?
    Cheers Anne

Where are you arriving? Paris is a big place with at least three airports and a whole lot of long-distance train stations.

I haven't booked the train trip yet as it isn't up on EuroRail system.
    We will be coming from Luzern to Gare de Lyon train station at about 1.30pm.
    I was just wondering what is easiest form of transport to get us to our hotel accommodation?

Well, this is the Paris by Train forum, so I shouldn't recommend a taxi, but if you want "easy" that is probably the easiest. As it won't be rush hour the traffic should not be too bad.

If you want "cheap" rather than easy then take the Metro to Place de Clichy or Blanche, which are the stations nearest your hotel. You will have to change trains at least once as there is no direct line from Gare de Lyon to those stations. The Metro map is liked below so you can see where to change.

http://parisbytrain.com/files/2008/06/metro.pdf

If you have lots of luggage I would probably tend towards the taxi method, but you pay more of course.

+ Reply to Thread