+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CDG - Eiffel Tower - Noisy Le Grand

Default CDG - Eiffel Tower - Noisy Le Grand

Hello,

We are a family of 2 adults + 2 kids. We will arrive at CDG T2 at about 6PM and need to go to Noisy Le Grand for our overnight stay. We first want to go from CDG to Eiffel Tower to see it in lights and then from Eiffel Tower go to our hotel at Noise Le Grand.

Can someone explain me the best way to travel and the tickets I need to purchase keeping the cost in mind (cheaper for the fare / tickets).

Thanks

You are brave doing all this by train straight off the plane with kids and luggage. I would be going to the taxi line at the airport and getting the dispatcher to put you in a larger taxi. if you can all fit in one car it won't be much more than the train fare for you all.

But if you are determined to use the train, here is the map of the RER trains that will bring you from CDG to Paris and take you out to Noisy afterwards.

http://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/u...008/05/rer.pdf

For only two rides, buying single tickets will be cheaper than a pass. Just buy singles for each of you from CDG to the station Champ de Mars/Tour Eiffel. This will involve a blue line RER B train from CDG to St Michel/Notre Dame station where you need to change onto the yellow RER C line to get to Champ de Mars/Tour Eiffel.

When you have finished at the Tower, buy single tickets again to Noisy. Then you need to retrace your steps back to St Michel on the RER C, a short hop on RER B to Chatelet les Halles and change onto the red RER A4 line to Noisy-le Grand or Noisy Champs, whichever is closest to your hotel.

My head hurts just thinking about doing it with kids and luggage (not so bad if they are 10+). Be sure you really want to do this.

Default CDG - Eiffel Tower - Noisy Le Grand

Thanks for the reply...

We will be travellking from London - so a hr flight might not tire us .

Also, We have no heavy luggage - except a backpack for each of us, may be 4-5 kgs each for adults and 2 kgs each for kids ...kids are aged 11 and 8.

I can skip Eiffel Tower and head straight to the hotel in Noisy Le Grand, if it is going to be difficult travelling on RER to Eiffel Tower and back to hotel.

May apologies, I didn't realise it was such a short flight. I was imagining that you were travelling long-haul with large bags, and maybe jet-lagged and disoriented after the flight. And the kids are old enough to be okay.

The RER is a fine system and will take you where you want to go - it can just be a bit disorienting if you haven't used it before, and one of the stations you have to change at is large and busy. But it's no worse than the Tube in London so if you can manage that you should be okay.

When taking the RER A line from Chatelet-les-Halles to Noisy be sure to get on the right train. The A line has two branches as you can see from the map.

+ Reply to Thread