+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Week in Paris Then Train to Basque Country

Default One Week in Paris Then Train to Basque Country

Great site! I will arrive at CDG mid morning on a Saturday and depart by train one week later for the Basque country in France & Spain - then take the train to Madrid and Barcelona. Is there one rail pass that covers train travel within Paris/France/Spain? I plan on taking RER B into Paris, use buses and metro extensively during the week. Thanks for your advice.

Wendy

Eurail passes exist which cover intercity trains, but no pass exists which covers intercity/inter-country trains as well as the local city transportation system.

For using the RER & Metro within Paris for a week, I'd recommend a Pass Navigo.

Best regards,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Default Pass Navigo

Ben, thanks for the good info. Need clarification, however. We're in Paris Sat. to Sat. A weekly Pass Navigo Card is sold on a Monday. Is there a card that we can purchase upon arrival at CDG that is good for the full 7 days and would include transportation into Paris (we'll be leaving city by TGV train so don't need to get back to CDG).

If you suggest that we just buy a single RER, metro or bus ticket into paris upon arrival, which do you recommend? (considering cost, time, traffic) We're headed to the Javel metro stop area in the 15eme.

Merci bien,
    Wendy

+ Reply to Thread