+ Reply to Thread

Thread: zones 1-5 free on weekends?

Question zones 1-5 free on weekends?

i've never posted on a forum like this, but i find this site very helpful as i'm kind of living in france and speak no french.

someone told me that zones 1-5 are free every weekend if you have a monthly navigo pass. is this true?? i have a Navigo Découverte that i recharge every month. would this apply to me?

from going through this site, it seems like it was only free during the summer months.

any response would be appreciated! thanks.

Default I gave the best of me

First of all, I have never used Navigo Decuverte (I am planning too very soon), so my answer might not be completely valid... but I like to read sites an forums about Paris transportation and (museums).

Ratp.fr and other sites say that monthly Navigo is absolutely free on weekends (friday midnight-sunday midnight witin all (1-5) zones. They have always been quite misterious about Navigo Decuverte though.

Never have I found anything anywhere (on other sites) about any kind of difference of privileges about monthly Navigo/Navigo Decuverte passes. I was very thorough about it, and I like to split hairs.
    But, what I am going to write is a fact:

"All holders of a monthly or annual pass (Navigo, Solidarity Transport, Amethyst pass) are allowed to travel on all the public transports of Ile-de-France with their regular subscription, regardless of the selected zones of their pass :

During the weekends
    During public holidays
    During summer, from July 12 to August 17"

Red face Confirmed free during weekends

Thanks for the reply! Actually, I used my navigo* to go to Auvers-sur-oise one weekend so I can confirm that it did indeed work for zone 5 even though my monthly was only for zones 1-2. You're right, Friday to Sunday midnight to midnight, you can travel zone free if you have a monthly or annual charge since 2012 - it's awesome

* I had switched over to a permanent Navigo card, but my friend was using the Navigo Découverte (apparently meant for tourists, which would explain the websites being mysterious about the flexibility you actually have).
    Last edited by ceilpoo; 09-10-2014 at 11:44 AM.

So are you confirming that your friend's Navigo Decouverte did the same as your permanent Navigo and opened up to Zone 5 at the weekend? That's the million dollar question...

Default Navigo Découverte zone free on weekends

YES, I confirm it.
    Please do keep in mind that you do need to have the monthly or annual charge on the card though, which wouldn't apply to most visitors.
    Currently, one month for zones 1-2 is 67.10 euro.

Ok, got it now, thanks. So if you only have a weekly charge on it, you don't get the all-zones weekend benefit. Bit of a shame. As you say, a lot of short term visitors would only have the weekly charge, not the monthly.

Unhappy

Exactly. Short-term visitors don't get the benefit of zone-free weekends.

Default Solved

So, we may conclude that we revealed secrets of Navigo Decuverte.
    Thanks for filling us in Celipoo.

+ Reply to Thread