+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CDG to Riquet?

Default CDG to Riquet?

We are scheduled to arrive at CDG around 14:40 on 26 March. We need to get to our hotel, Holiday Inn Express PARIS - CANAL DE LA VILLETTE 68 QUAI DE LA SEINE (near Rue Riquet). The route finder tells us to take the train to Gare du Nord, transfer to line 5 to Stalingrad, then either walk to Riquet or transfer to line 7 to there. We will have wheeled luggage. The walking times within the two transfer stations show as 2 minutes. Does this mean we will not have to drag our luggage up and down stairs? If there are stairs, are there elevators or escalators?

Thanks.

Voici la traduction google en français. Je serais très intéressé de savoir si il intelligble. Nous sommes programmés pour arriver à CDG autour de 14:40 le 26 Mars. Nous devons arriver à notre hôtel, Holiday Inn Express PARIS - CANAL DE LA VILLETTE 68 QUAI DE LA SEINE (près de la rue Riquet). La route finder nous dit de prendre le train à la Gare du Nord, transférer à la ligne 5 à Stalingrad, puis marcher à Riquet ou transférer à la ligne 7 de là. Nous aurons bagages à roulettes. Les temps de marche dans les deux stations de transfert montrent que 2 minutes. Est-ce à dire que nous n'aurons pas à traîner nos bagages dans les escaliers? Si il ya des escaliers, sont-il des ascenseurs ou escaliers?

Hi Gary,

Gare du Nord station, when leaving the RER B, you'll have escalators and elevators to help with baggage/luggage.

But, when walking to transfer between the RER B and Metro Line 5, I would expect there are small sets of stairs between the two (say 15-20 steps per set). Metro lines in Paris nearly universally have small sets of stairs leading to/from train platforms. RER stations are usually more luggage friendly.

If these small sets of stairs may pose a problem, then I would suggest taking either a bus from Gare du Nord station or taking a taxi to your hotel. Note that the ticket (small paper billet origine-destination) you use for the RER B/Metro lines is not transferrable to use on the bus. (Multi-use passes and tickets such as Navigo and Paris Visite are valid for transfers on the bus).

Best regards,
    Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Default elicise when

Thanks, Ben.

Does anyone have specific knowledge of the stair situation at our 3 transfer stations? Perhaps you use them for your commute?

One more question: How do we get our luggage through those entry and exit turnstiles?

Oh, yes: How is the French in my original post? French is not one of my languages. I am confident that google translate does a very good job of translating English to Spanish. Is the French in my post at least usable? In fact, feel free to respond in French. Then I will be able to find out how google does from French to English.

Thanks much.

+ Reply to Thread