+ Reply to Thread

Thread: carnett Tickets Zone 1-2

Default carnett Tickets Zone 1-2

I will be staying near Porte De Clichy RER / Metro. If I buy carrnet of tickets whether I can use the ticket to travel in Zone 2 or for traveling in zone 1-2 any other ticket is required,

I also would like to know whether on sunday morning 10 am ticket counters for buying RER/ Metro ticket will be open in CDG airport Paris. Whether they accept chip credit card ( Iam a resident of United Arab Emirates).

My third question is which is the best route to reach Porte De Clichy RER/ Metro from CDG and which tickets Ihave to buy.

Await for response

Hi Hameed,

You can use the carnet of tickets for traveling between zones 1-2. You don't need another type of ticket for that trip. If going between zones 1-3, you would need a billet origine-destination.

Metro/RER ticket counters are open from start of service, around 5:30am. They should accept chip credit card, although I always play it safe and have 10 euros in my pocket in case of issues.

Porte de Clichy, take Metro 13 towards Chatillon Mont-Rouge until Saint-Lazare, switch to RER E direction Tournan until Magenta, switch to RER B towards Aeroport CDG. You can buy a single ticket at the start of the trip from the Metro ticket window and the vendor will give you the proper ticket, costing about 9,50€.

Best regards,
    Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Default Carnett Tickets

Thank you very much for the reply. Very informative.

Just one more question.
    Whether on sunday morning ticket office will be open.
    Will you please guide me from cdg to place de clichy which route to follow and only one ticket of euro9.50 is enough.

Hi Hameed,

Yes, Sunday morning, the RER train ticket offices at CDG Airport will be open before 10am.

The reverse of the route I mentioned will take you from CDG to Paris-Porte de Clichy. So:
    - RER B train from CDG Airport in direction Robinson, Antony, St-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse (any of these 3).
    - Transfer at Gare du Nord to RER E direction Haussmann St-Lazare.
    - Transfer at Saint Lazare to Metro 13 towards Les Courtilles. Porte de Clichy will be the last stop where the Metro train ends.

Cost is 9.50€ and one ticket is enough.
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

+ Reply to Thread