+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Train from CDG Terminal 3 to Argentan

Default Train from CDG Terminal 3 to Argentan

Help Ben!! I am travelling from Canada into CDG Terminal 3. I need to take the train to be met at Argentan. It is my understanding that I will take one train to central Paris, and then another to Argentan!! Help!!! Thanks so much!

Default Re: Train from CDG Terminal 3 to Argentan

Hi Talon,

Terminal 3 is really close to the Roissypole train station. Take a look at the first picture on the CDG Terminal 1 to Paris by train article. Terminal 3 is top center. You'll simply walk to Roissypole, directly south of Terminal 3.

The big confusion with the location of this train station is due to its name: Aeroport Charles de Gaulle 1 - RER. As you can see from the first photo/map, the train station is not at Terminal 1, but rather, at Terminal 3 and the CDG Roissypole building seen here.

Now, as for Argentan, you'll be taking a Corail or Ter "branded" train from Gare Montparnasse. (The type of train is not so important, the ticket windows at Gare Montparnasse are generic and sell tickets for all various "brands" of train). The train platforms at Gare Montparnasse are found at Hall Pasteur, 2nd level up.

If you know exactly when you'll be traveling, you can purchase a train ticket from Paris to Argentan for as little as 10 from [urlnf=http://tgv-europe.com:1fot163o]TGV-Europe.com[/urlnf:1fot163o]. A regular price train ticket, bought directly at Gare Montparnasse is 25.80.

I'm currently writing an article on using the TGV-Europe.com website for purchasing tickets, so keep an eye out for that if you find the site confusing.

Hope this helps,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Ben - Thank you VERY MUCH!!! I am leaving tomorrow...very excited!! My father is being honoured at Falaise as a Canadian WWII fighter pilot . Talon

Ben>>>>>>>>>One more question....Do I purchase my train ticket at the Roissypole train station for travel to Gare Montparnasse. I am confused by Gare-du_Nord and Gare Montparnasse.....We are meeting relatives at Gare Montparnasse.....can you suggest a meeting area at Gare Montparnasse?? Once again, many thanks!! Talon

Hi Talon,

Yes, purchase a "Billet Ile-de-France for Paris" from the Roissypole train station (known as Aeroport Charles de Gaulle 1). There are both ticket vending machines and a ticket window directly across from the machines from which you can buy your Billet ["Bee - Yay"] for Paris (8,40 per adult). (Keep in mind that the vending machines normally work only with European credit cards with smart chips). You'll be taking an RER B train from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Paris city center.

The RER B line runs north - south through the city. The closest RER B stop to Gare Montparnasse will be Denfert Rochereau. Get off the RER B train at this station and switch to Metro (subway) Line 4 in direction Porte de Clignancourt using the same ticket you used for the RER B.

In 3 stops you'll arrive at Montparnasse Bienvenue, the Metro station attached to Gare Montparnasse (the large train station). You'll want to get off the Metro train here. Look again at the photos of Gare Montparnasse, there's a part of the guide dedicated to getting from the Metro up to the main train lines upstairs.

A good place to meet at Gare Montparnasse is on the 2nd floor (top) where the entire front of the station is a large glass window looking at Montparnasse Tower. You can get an idea of the view with the last photo in the photo tour. It's usually quiet here and easy to see/find other people.

Best regards,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.

Ben - I have been reading, reading and MORE reading....would I be better off to take the Air France Bus to Gare Monteparnesse?? (just get on one bus and go directly there??) Your assistance has been greatly appreciated!! Talon

The upside of Les Cars Air France (bus):
    • No wrestling luggage up and down stairs in the Metro/RER[/*:m:1dnjmebh]
    • No connections necessary, Line 4 coach stops at Montparnasse[/*:m:1dnjmebh]

The downside:
    • 15 for the bus vs. 8,40 for the RER B + Metro[/*:m:1dnjmebh]
    • buses are subject to traffic congestion[/*:m:1dnjmebh]
    • buses are infrequent, leaving every 30 minutes[/*:m:1dnjmebh]

If you're carrying a good amount of luggage, the Air France Bus is definitely an option. The downside of any road transportation is that it's subject to the whims of traffic. If you're not on a tight schedule or your arrival time is outside of rush hour, the bus is good option.

The Air France Bus is more expensive at 15, but that may be worth the trouble of lugging baggage up and down stairs.

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.

+ Reply to Thread