+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From CDG2 to Ecole Militaire

Default From CDG2 to Ecole Militaire

Hi - Great site! - I arrive from Canada 830AM on a weekday - and want to go to a Hotel near the Ecole Militaire and at 6AM the next day from the ecole militaire to Gare de Lyon to catch a train to Avignon. I have tried to work it out on the metro website but have trouble - could you give some advice please.
    Nick

Default Re: From CDG2 to Ecole Militaire

Hi Nick,

This is a complicated itinerary, so I understand the difficulty.

In my opinion, the following would be the easiest route:
    RER B from CDG into Paris until Denfert Rochereau.
    Change to Metro Line 6 (using the same ticket) direction Charles de Gaulle Etoile until La Motte Picquet Grenelle.
    Change to Metro Line 8 direction Créteil and one more stop is Ecole Militaire.

An easy route to get to Gare de Lyon the next day is this:
    At Ecole Militaire, take Metro Line 8 direction Créteil/Créteil-Prefecture until Madeleine station.
    Change to Metro Line 14 direction Bibliotheque François Mitterand. Get off at Gare de Lyon.

This is route is about 26 minutes. First train is at 5:37am with trains about every 5 to 7 minutes after that.

Enjoy your trip!

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Default Re: From CDG2 to Ecole Militaire

Ben - You are brilliant! I thought of the Gare de Lyon route you mention but kept being kicked out of the time table making me wonder if the trains started after 6AM Nice to see it is before! Your site is well done and my browsing shows intelligent use and interaction! - I'll be back! Thank You!!
    Nick

+ Reply to Thread