+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travel Within Zone 5

Default Travel Within Zone 5

Hi, we are travelling to Paris for 4 nights in June and will be staying at a hotel within Zone 5 and travelling each day to Disney only (also Zone 5) I don't think it will be worth us purchasing travel cards and wonder what the other options are. I have read about a ticket mobilis for zone 5. Would this be the cheaper option and can it be purchased in advance?

Regards,

Gary

Default Re: Travel Within Zone 5

Can anyone assist with the cheapest way to travel within zone 5.

Regards,

Gary

Default Re: Travel Within Zone 5

Hi Gary,
    for travelling only to Disney and back every day the ticket t+ is probably the cheapest way to travel. With ticket t+ you can take the bus in zone 5 and you can change between the bus lines within 90 minutes for one journey (is this word correct to be used in this context? sry, my mother tongue isn't english) but you have to validate the same ticket after change in every new bus line. Thus you'll need for each day with two journeys (to Disney and return) two tickets per person. One ticket t+ costs 1,60, a "carnet" e.g. a pack of ten tickets costs 11,40; both are purchased in advance. The bus driver sells only tickets for 1,60 without admission to change between the bus lines.
    The ticket "mobilis" allows you an unlimited number of journeys the whole day long after the validation but it costs 12,90 per person and day for zones 1-5, so I expect this ticket not to be the right choice for you.
    Hope my post will help you
    Peter

+ Reply to Thread