+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change for Billet Ile-de-France

Default Change for Billet Ile-de-France

At CDG Terminal 2 train station I want to purchase Billet Ile-de-France tickets. I know I can stand in line at the ticket counter at ask for a Billet to Paris but would rather obtain cash from an ATM and purchase through a vending machine. I assume there will be a supply of ATM's (any recommendations?) and plenty of Billet Ile-de-France machines. But am I reading that I need coins or will the machines take cash?

If coins are needed, are there change machines? How do the Billet Ile-de-France machines operate? I read you can get them to do English, just how?

Default Re: Change for Billet Ile-de-France

Hi there,

At the CDG Terminal 2 train station there is an HSBC bank (see photo) at the top level (Niveau 4) which has an ATM you can use to withdraw Euro cash.

The Billetterie Ile-de-France ticket machines can only take coins or European/smart-chip debit/credit cards, no cash bills, unfortunately.

You could withdraw some cash from the nearby ATM, then grab a croissaint/espresso and get some change that way.

See the guide on using the train ticket vending machines (Billetterie Ile-de-France) to get an idea of how to change languages and how to use them in general.
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Hi Ben, after replying on another thread I read this post and now I have a question. Must I get an Ile de france billet from a machine or are there stations that have manned ticket places? If so which stations have the manned ones as I may not have coins only to put into the machines and would prefer to buy them from a ticket seller.

Actually all stations (Metro/RER/Train) have ticket booths where you can talk to someone to get a ticket. Be sure to have Euro cash handy when you do so. I've had no luck with Canadian nor American credit cards at either the ticket booths or vending machines.
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

thanks ben you are a great help and have made my trip less confusing and therefore more enjoyable.
    Liz

+ Reply to Thread