+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help please

Default help please

Hello,
    My husband and I will arrive in Paris on an early morning Air France flight at Charles de Gaulle during the week. Can you please tell me whether or not we can buy a ticket at CDG for Musee d'Orsay, and easily change trains at Notre Dame between the B and C lines And is so, where in the terminal to we buy the tickets, and at what price?

Thank you very much for the help.

RLO

Default Re: help please

Hi RLO,

I'm unclear on whether you're asking if you can buy a ticket for entry into Musée d'Orsay, or a train ticket to the Musée. If it's a train ticket you're asking about, then yes, you can purchase a train ticket to get to the museum/art gallery, but it's not specifically just for Musée d'Orsay, it would be for anywhere within the Paris central region. If you're asking about tickets for entry into the Museum, no, I don't believe you can purchase such tickets at the airport.

The route is quite simple: take the RER B from CDG Terminal 2 to Paris St Michel Notre Dame station, transferring here to the RER C direction Versailles Rive Gauche or Pontoise or St Quentin-en-Yvelines. The next station on RER C will be Musée d'Orsay.

More detail on the RER B from CDG Terminal 2 to central Paris.

It will take about 2 to 2.5 hours from the time your plane lands to arrive in central Paris including time for passport control, collecting your bags, walking to the train station, buying your tickets, traveling on the RER B into Paris.

Best regards,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

+ Reply to Thread