+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disney Land(marne) to CDG Airport

Cool Disney Land(marne) to CDG Airport

Hello,
    We are looking for the best and easiest mode of transfer from Disney Land(marne) to CDG Airport, our fight is at 4 pm, please also suggest what time should we start from Disney land, we are 2 adults + 1child(6yr).
    Sid

The best and easiest mode of transport is to catch one of the TGV (high speed) trains from Marne-la-Vallee Chessy (Disneyland) station to CDG. CDG has a TGV station in Terminal 2, where most intercontinental flights depart from.

This option is much easier than catching the RER commuter train network from Disneyland all the way into central Paris and then coming all the way out again to CDG on another line. The TGV train will only take about 10 minutes. It will be more expensive, though.

If you want to see all the times of the trains and how frequent they are, go to the DB Bahn journey planner:

http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml?

Type in Paris Disneyland as start point and CDG TGV as end point.

Hi scirocco,

thanks for your reply, just one doubt though. Do i need to do a advance booking for this train TGV, or can i buy the tickets at the station, for eg. i got the below timing from the site you gave

dep12:20
    arr12:43.

Is it fine if i go to the Marne station @ 12:00 and take the tickets @ a counter there.

Sid

You don't have to do an advance booking, but if you want to, you can at www.tgv-europe.com (you may get redirected onto another agent's website depending on what country you are in). This would give you peace of mind that you have the tickets in your hand rather than waiting until the last minute to purchase.

All TGV tickets come with a reservation. The cheap ones are not changeable so if you miss the train you would have to buy another. "Flexible" tickets are exchangeable. You can also buy tickets at the station via machines (euro coins only) or at the ticket window. However, I don't know the hours of opening of the ticket window.

As far as timing goes, you could get to the check-in counters in Terminal 2 in about 15 minutes from getting off the TGV. Allow another 15 minutes if you need to get to Terminal 1 or 3.
    Last edited by scirocco; 09-24-2011 at 12:55 AM.

thank you for your inputs, what would be the approximate cost from Marne to CDG station, adult and child are they same. One of the travel agent is offering for a drop to airport via road for 60Euro, however i am guessing the road transport would consume time considering the traffic..

The French railways online ticket site shows fares on trains around midday as 17 euros for tickets that can be exchanged up until the time of travel but not after, 19 euros for fully flexible refundable tickets. Children under 12 travel for half price, with no discount for over-12's. These fares are just for a random day I picked and if you were travelling on a busy day or popular train the fares might be as much as 50% higher. French Railways discount heavily on quiet days.

A road transfer would certainly take a bit longer but the traffic should not be too bad at the time you plan to travel.

Edit: If you are visiting Disneyland for a couple of days, there's nothing stopping you going to the ticket office the previous day and purchasing the tickets. The train station is only 200m from the park gates.
    Last edited by scirocco; 09-25-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Hi scirocco,

I checked on www.tgv-europe.com, its providing me with a total fare of 41.50 € for 2 adult (16.60 each) + 1 child (8.30 each) for tomorrows date (26-09), so i guess as you suggested i am planning to purchase the tickets 2 days ahead @ Marne station on 16th, however a small doubt though at Marne Disney station is there any working hours for the ticket office,
    And one more thing i am planning to visit Eiffel Tower from Disney land on 17th Oct, Can you suggest easiest and the best way to get there..

Sid

I found the information regarding the hours of opening of the ticket office at the Disneyland station:

http://www.gares-en-mouvement.com/fr...sncf/#automate

Below is the Metro map. There are any number of different routes from Disneyland to the Eiffel tower with none of them being clean one-change journeys without walking. Also below is the link to the Paris journey planner. Rather than me trying to summarise them, I suggest you type in Marne la Valle Chessy and Champ de Mars as start and finish point respectively and review the different routes that it will give you for what might suit you.

Metro map: http://parisbytrain.com/files/2008/06/metro.pdf

Paris Journey planner: http://www.transilien.com/web/site
    Last edited by scirocco; 09-25-2011 at 07:03 AM.

One more thing, our flight from CDG Airport is at terminal 1, I just looked at the airport map, the TGV station is at Terminal 2, can i consider 30mins from terminal 2 to 1, and will there be any transport available at the airport.

The thin blue line on the airport map marked "CDGVAL" is a free automated shuttle train that travels between Terminals 1,2 and 3 at CDG. It is fast and reliable. It leaves from the Terminal 2 railway station where the TVG trains arrive, although you have to go up from the platforms to the airport departures level to access it. From getting off the TGV to the checkin counters at Terminal 1 should be no more than 30 minutes total.

CDG Map: http://parisbytrain.com/files/2008/09/cdg_map.pdf

+ Reply to Thread