+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CDG to hotel and around Paris

Threaded View

Default CDG to hotel and around Paris

We are going to Paris for 3 days travelling Sat and back Mon.

We fly into Charles De Gaulle Airport and need to get from there to our hotel that is near a metro line (Cambronne or Avenue Émile Zola).

We also want to be able to travel on the Metro system all day Sat to Mon.

Finally want to return to Charle De Gaulle airport on the Mon to fly home

I have read on your site that Billet Ile-de-France to Paris would be best for getting from airport to hotel as it's cheaper (8,40) than a Zone 1-6 Paris Visite pass (19,60)

On your site you mention that the Billet Ile-de-France to Paris can be used on the Metro but not sure if that means all day or just the one trip?

If just the one trip, then we would also need a Zone 1-3 Paris Visite pass (9,30), bringing the total to ($17.70) which is almost as much as the Zone 1-6 Paris Visite pass (19,60)

Can you confirm how the Billet Ile-de-France to Paris can be used on the Metro and if more than once please?

Thanks

I'm 99% sure that an Ile-de-France ticket won't allow you to travel round all day on it. You can transfer from an outer-suburban RER train that arrives in Paris onto the Metro to get to a nearby Metro station not directly served by the RER line, but that's all. Once you use the ticket to exit through the gates I don't think it will let you in through other gates repeatedly. It will expire either after a set time or after one or two exits through the gates.

If you are going to travel a lot from Saturday to Monday then I suggest either a 10-ticket carnet of Metro tickets for about 12 euros or a one-week Pass Navigo Découverte Zone 1-2 pass. The weekly pass may sound unnecessary but it's only about 20 euros. If you were going to make more than about 15 trips per person then the pass would be better value than the individual tickets or three one-day Visite Passes. But the Visite passes give you some good discounts on attractions, so it would also depend how many boat rides and museums you hope to go to.
    Last edited by scirocco; 05-20-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Thank you for your reply

I worked out that it is cheapest to get a Billet Ile-de-France to and from CDG for 2x 8,50 euros

Then when we are in Paris, buy a 3 day Paris Visite for 20,70 euros Zones 1-3

This was about 10 euros cheaper than buying Paris Visite 1-6 for 3 days

Would this work how we want it?

Love the site by the way - great work!

Quote Originally Posted by stphnstevey View Post
    Thank you for your reply

I worked out that it is cheapest to get a Billet Ile-de-France to and from CDG for 2x 8,50 euros

Then when we are in Paris, buy a 3 day Paris Visite for 20,70 euros Zones 1-3

This was about 10 euros cheaper than buying Paris Visite 1-6 for 3 days

Would this work how we want it?

Love the site by the way - great work!
    I have also the same question for the same period of time (3 days).

I wont't travel around a lot since it is a business trip (the 2 days I want just a ticket from the hotel to the destination via RER-B and back again) and only one day I will have time for sightseeing (but I prefer doing it on foot).

Also I must not forget the 2 tickets required from and to CDG.

I think the above mentioned plan is a good one (2X Billet from/to CDG and then one 2 or 3 day pass). Where do I buy the Paris Visite Card? In the airport desks along with the Billet Ile de France?

+ Reply to Thread