+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monthly metro pass in Paris - any help?

Default Monthly metro pass in Paris - any help?

Hi,

I'm moving from Brighton to Paris for 3 months in September (very excited!), and would like some advice on what kind of metro pass to get...could someone let me know how much a typical monthly metro pass in zones 1-2 costs, and if this is the most cost-effective pass to get for my stay? I'm 21 years old, not sure if that changes anything with youth concessions etc...

Thanks!

Claudia

The home page of this website (the one you're on right now, Paris By Train) has a guide to the Metro passes. Not sure if it is exactly what you need but may be a help.

http://parisbytrain.com/#tickets

Your best bet would be a Passe Navigo Découverte. You buy one as soon as you arrive at Gare du Nord or Charles de Gaulle Airport. The pass costst 5 Euros, and you upload it with a monthly pass for metro, bus, tram and RER within 2 zones. Price 60,40 Euros. A monthly pass starts at the 1st of the month. You can also buy a weekly pass. You will need a photograph 2,5x3 cm. If you are not travelling a lot in Paris, you could also buy a carnet of 10 single tickets at 12 Euros.

+ Reply to Thread