+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CDG to Montparnasse

Default CDG to Montparnasse

My daughter is arriving from New Zealand and wishes to connect with the TGV at Paris-Montparnasse in order to take the TGV to Dax to visit us. Her airplane arrival does not match the direct CDG-Dax TGV trains

How does she get to Paris Montparnasse from CDG?

Thanks in advance for the answer

Coming off a long-haul flight I would be going for the taxi option, particularly if your daughter hasn't been to Paris before and/or doesn't speak or read French. However if this is too expensive, there is a journey planner website for rail transport (including Metro) in Paris - (Type in Aeroport CDG TGV as start and Paris Montparnasse as destination):

http://www.transilien.com/web/site/a...eraire/lang/en

In short, it involves taking the RER commuter system into central Paris, with a short walk to a nearby Metro station and a short Metro journey to Gare Montparnasse. Not very pleasant after a long international flight with large bags to carry.

An alternative is the Air France buses that run from CDG to Montparnasse. (You don't have to be travelling on Air France to use them). May be a better option when carrying luggage, but I have always found catching buses at CDG to be hit and miss - they aren't terribly well signposted and it's hard to be sure you're in the right place.

http://videocdn.airfrance.com/cars-airfrance/

The TGVs direct from CDG are at 07:40, 09:12, 13:37 and 16:36. I know there could be a long wait for one of these depending on when the flight arrives, but catching one of them could well be a lot less stressful and tiring for your daughter than the hassles of buying tickets, finding RER and metro stations etc. when going into central Paris.

Default CDG to Montparnasse

Thanks for this, most helpful and I have relayed it to my daughter. BTW the 09.12 TGV to Bordeaux and thence to Dax is not shown in the current SNCF timetables available at stations.

+ Reply to Thread