+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Purchasing tickets Paris to Avignon, May 2011- Refused

Thanks for the update - glad you got your tickets. I didn't realise that the Prems would sell out so quickly. I'm travelling in June and July where presumably there will be even more demand, so I'd better make sure I book as soon as they come on line.

Yeah, I was surprised too... Mind you, there are still PREMS available for earlier and later trips, however our choice was for a mid day (11:30) time which might be the most popular time slot on our travel day, Saturday... However, the next best available price went to 250Euros or 275Euros, from our 193Euros (for 5 tickets) with the PREMS... so a significant difference for us, over 5 tickets, if we didn't get them.. Yes, I'd calculate exactly the 90 days (1st class) or 60 days (2nd class) and book exactly on those dates to get best selection.... I've already looked at the idTGV prices for our return dates in June and they're considerably more expensive, than our May 28 fares, so not sure if the regular TGV tickets will be similarly more pricey.... stands to reason if there's more demand at that time of year. Good luck...

+ Reply to Thread