+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travel to Paris 4 days starting thursday

Post Travel to Paris 4 days starting thursday

we are going to Paris CDG airport, our hotel will be in CDG airport, if i buy the paris visite card can i go everyday with rer or bus to the city of paris? I will get the 1-5 zone card
    also if I buy the navigo decouverte is there a discount for kids ? I am arriving a thursday , my friend will buy the cards the day before, is that a problem? or do I have to buy the cards when i arrive on thursday , ( navigo) and do i have a restriction if i travel from cdg hotel to paris everyday? do I have to pay the extra 5 euros for each card as a tourist or is that optional.
    I just want to make sure that I won';t have any restriction if i buy eihter paris visite or navigo if my hotel is in CDG airport area and i want to travel to paris everyday, and planning to go to CHauteou de versailles one day.
    what is the latest train to come back at night to the hotel?. thanks

Frank is offline Paris Train Senior Advisor

Both Paris Visite and Navigo Decouverte passes will get you in and out of Paris everyday. The difference is that the Paris Visite card is purchased for an exact number of consecutive days, while all Navigo passes begin at 0001H Monday and expire at 2359H Sunday, one week. If you arrive on Thursday, your Navigo pass will expire on Sunday at 2359H, not one week from Thursday.

You will pay the extra 5 Euros for each Navigo card--no exceptions, not optional. There is no reduced fare for children with Navigo.

Both passes will get you from CDG Airport to Versailles.

The last train (RER) from Chatelet-Les Halles station to CDG Airport leaves at 2225H.

If you have not done so, suggest you use the Internet and educate yourself about the differences between Paris Visite and Navigo Decouverte cards. For example, Navigo requires a smaller than passport size photo; Paris Visite does not.

thanks so much for your reponse, the visite card will give me discounts in museums like louvre? or any other paces? boats in the river ?
    thanks!!

Frank is offline Paris Train Senior Advisor

Paris Visite Passes provide a discount at certain monuments/museums. Suggest you do your own Internet research to see where these discounts apply.

+ Reply to Thread