+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: CDG Airport to hotel near Eiffel Tower?

Default CDG Airport to hotel near Eiffel Tower?

How would I use the RER to get from CDG Airport to the 7th Arrondisement? My hotel is located a few blocks from the Eiffel Tower. Thanks.

Frank is offline Paris Train Senior Advisor

Take RER B from CDG Terminal 1 or 2; Direction: Saint-Remy-Les-Chevreuse
    Exit RER B at Saint-Michel Notre-Dame
    Take RER C from Saint-Michel Notre-Dame; Direction: Pontoise
    Exit RER C at Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel

The trip should take approximately one hour: 45 minutes on RER B; 15 minutes on RER C.

The Eiffel Tower area is large, including the Champ de Mars. There might be a better route to get you closer to your hotel. You might want to give the exact address of your hotel so the route can be recalculated.
    Last edited by Frank; 01-28-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Take RER B from CDG Terminal 1 or 2; Direction: Saint-Remy-Les-Chevreuse
    Exit RER B at Saint-Michel Notre-Dame
    Take RER C from Saint-Michel Notre-Dame; Direction: Pontoise
    Exit RER C at Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel

The trip should take approximately one hour: 45 minutes on RER B; 15 minutes on RER C.

The Eiffel Tower area is large, including the Champ de Mars. There might be a better route to get you closer to your hotel. You might want to give the exact address of your hotel so the route can be recalculated.
    Thanks Ben. Actually my hotel is relais bosquet 19 rue champ de mars
    Also, what is the cost of the ticket for both trains? Is it a separate ticket for each and if one buys a carnet of tickets can you use them? This gets a bit more confusing the more i read. Thanks Andrea

Your hotel at 19 rue Champs de Mars is more than a "few blocks" from the Eiffel Tower as you wrote in your initial question. The closest Metro stop to your hotel is "Ecole Militaire."

To get from CDG Airport to Ecole Militaire Metro:

Take RER B into Paris
    Exit RER B at Gare du Nord
    Take Metro 4 from Gare du Nord; Direction: Porte de Orleans
    Exit Metro 4 at Strasbourg-Saint-Denis
    Take Metro 8 from Strasbourg-Saint-Denis; Direction: Balard
    Exit Metro 8 at Ecole Militaire

The ticket you purchase (about 9 Euros, one way) will get you to Ecole Militaire. Suggest you purchase a round trip ticket at the airport if returning to the airport.

A "carnet" is a book of ten tickets which can only be used in central Paris, fare Zones 1 and 2, either on the Metro or RER. A carnet can be purchased at Ecole Militaire. Central Paris Zones 1 and 2, if you download a map of the Metro system, covers most of the area you will probably be visiting. The Metro system is very easy to use--with a Metro system map. Without one you could become hopelessly lost!

Your hotel at 19 rue Champs de Mars is more than a "few blocks" from the Eiffel Tower as you wrote in your initial question. The closest Metro stop to your hotel is "Ecole Militaire."

To get from CDG Airport to Ecole Militaire Metro:

Take RER B into Paris
    Exit RER B at Gare du Nord
    Take Metro 4 from Gare du Nord; Direction: Porte de Orleans
    Exit Metro 4 at Strasbourg-Saint-Denis
    Take Metro 8 from Strasbourg-Saint-Denis; Direction: Balard
    Exit Metro 8 at Ecole Militaire

The ticket you purchase (about 9 Euros, one way) will get you to Ecole Militaire. Suggest you purchase a round trip ticket at the airport if returning to the airport.

A "carnet" is a book of ten tickets which can only be used in central Paris, fare Zones 1 and 2, either on the Metro or RER. A carnet can be purchased at Ecole Militaire. Central Paris Zones 1 and 2, if you download a map of the Metro system, covers most of the area you will probably be visiting. The Metro system is very easy to use--with a Metro system map. Without one you could become hopelessly lost!
    Thank you for clearing all of that up for me. How long will it take for the entire trip?

The trip CDG/Ecole Militaire will take about one hour.

The trip CDG/Ecole Militaire will take about one hour.
    Thank you so very much. One last ?, what do i say at the ticket counter? Does this ticket have a specific name or do i just say to ecole militare?
    Merci

All you really need to say is, "Paris." The ticket will get you to any RER/Metro stop within the city. One price. Again, about 9 Euros.

Default CDG to 62 Rue de la Croix Nivert

Frank, anyone, can you give me train directions from CDG Airport to Hotel Alyss, like Frank did in the posts above? Merci!

I'm too lazy and I'm sure you can use the internet. For travel information within Paris, go to the Transilien journey planner website https://www.transilien.com/web/site/...eraire/lang/en and type in your start and finish points (you will need to enter the hotel street address which you can get by googling).

It will give you all the options for earliest arrival (arrivee a plus tot), fewest changes (le moins de correspondances) and least amount of walking (le moins de marche a pied), with maps and the details of what Metro, RER or bus to catch.

+ Reply to Thread