Query

By | April 10, 2016 | in

Hi,  I am travelling to Paris in the month of May.  I will be reaching Charles de gaulle airport and then need to proceed to Gare du Nord station. My queries are as follows:
a)  Can I use a metro pass for travel from the airport to  Gare du Nord station and also for local sightseeing.  I am planning to visit all the local places including Palace of Versailles.  I am staying for three days and what is the best pass to get to cover all these places.
b) I am planning to buy Eurail pass and can I travel with that pass to cover all the above places. Pls do revert.
Regards,
S.Satish from India

1 answer

Staff April 12, 2016

Hi Satish,

The Navigo Decouverte weekly pass for 1-5 zones can cover all your Paris travels (including CDG to Gare du Nord and Paris to Versailles, but it only works for Monday to Sunday. Navigo pass validity will not start any other day.  So if you arrive Friday it's not useable until Monday.  If you arrive Thursday or earlier you can use Navigo up until Sunday end of service.  Cost is 26.26€ per person (adult or child, including 5€ fee for the card itself, non-refundable).

The Eurail pass will not cover your Paris city travels.

Please login or Register to Submit Answer