+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zenith de Paris - Taylor Swift

Smile Zenith de Paris - Taylor Swift

We will be in Paris for the first time in March and will be taking our teenage daughters to see Taylor Swift at the Zenith. Does anyone have any advise on the venue? Tickets say not to get there "too early" but I'm not sure what that means...especially since it looks like there is no assigned seating. We did opt for the seating vs standing tickets. Any advise? Maybe we should go early, have an early dinner? Restaurant suggestions?

Frank is offline Paris Train Senior Advisor

I assume the Zenith doesn't want you to arrive too early since they don't want mobs of people waiting outside hours before the performance since the seating is on a first-come-first-served basis. You know, of course, that people will be outside waiting to get in hours before the performance since Taylor Swift only has one performance scheduled. One good thing about the Zenith in Paris is that all seats (6,000 plus) are good seats since it's a very modern venue. Needless to say, the closer in line to the entrance you are, the better your chance of getting seats close to the stage.

I would plan on eating near your hotel and then going to the theater. I'm not familiar with restaurants near Zenith but I can assure you that they will be filled prior to the show. It would be easier to have an early dinner and then take the Metro to the theater. Less hassle.

Hi winniw- I too am bringing my teenage daughter to Paris and the TS concert and am having a hard time figuring out the ticket seating. Is it just standing and sitting first come first serve? That doesn't sound safe to me. And why are secondary ticket vendors selling EU50.0 for $260, $150, etc if they do not have seat assignments? I would love some insight. Also, where did you buy your tickets?

As I wrote Winnie, Zenith has ONLY first-come-first-served seating. Whether it's safe or not and I don't understand why a reserved seat would be any "safer" than a festival-type seat, is, of course your decision. I don't think she attracts the heavy metal crowd. Do you? Since the theater has only 6,000 seats, the venue was probably sold out within hours of the beginning of ticket sales. And, Taylor Swift will only have one show. So, those with tickets are selling them on the secondary market for a profit. It's called "scalping." You did not write where you are from, but think about this: If Taylor Swift only had one show in New York, London, Tokyo, do you really think tickets would still be available at the theater's box office? To be quite honest, if you are only upcharged (scalped) $260 for a $65 ticket, that's not bad. I've seen a lot worse. A lot worse. Welcome to the real world!

Frankie-I'm from the USA. We have stampedes over 6000 people vying for the best seat... So that's the safety question-crowd control. I am quite aware what scalping is, but why the need to buy "no assigned seating" tickets from a scalper for $260 when I purchased 2 tickets today in the primary market for 50 euros each? The question still remains - No assigned seating, tickets still available in primary market for 50euros, why are scalpers selling tickets with no assigned seating for $260- could there possibly be tickets that have assigned seating that are better than the general admission? Was just looking for some insight on this issue, but was not looking for someone to pontificate about about the economics of supply and demand.

OK, Cupcake. Let's go. If you are concerned about crowd control, which now I see is your main concern, why go? I don't blame you for being concerned by the way. You questioned why people would scalp tickets. I told you why. You're obviously not as ignorant as your post implied.

I suggest you read your initial post again. You did not write that you already had purchased tickets for 50 Euros. Maybe you think you did, but you didn't, especially when you asked, "Where did you buy your tickets?" Anyone would assume you were looking for tickets and were questioning the scalping.

I might also suggest you go to the dictionary and find the meaning of "pontificate" before you use it.

No good deed goes unpunished, right?
    Last edited by Frank; 02-11-2011 at 05:43 AM.

You're funny, Frankie. No, I suggest YOU look up the word PONTIFICATE in the dictionary! BTW, I didn't have my tickets when I wrote the question! That's why I went on the forum looking for advice????? I just don't surf the web looking for forums to PONTIFICATE on because I have nothing better in my life to do. All set now, thanks for being so helpful.

+ Reply to Thread