+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing onto TGV at Montparnasse

Default Changing onto TGV at Montparnasse

I found your photos and infromation on Montparnasse really useful. I need to get from Gare de Nord to Montparnasse to catch the TGV for Angouleme. I don't have much time and am very nervous that I won't make it so want as much info as possible! I know that I need to get metro line 4 from gare du Nord. When I arrive at Montparnasse metro what signs should I look out for in order to get to the right part of the station for a TGV? I think I have gathered from your information that I need level 2 and then go through to Hall Pasteur but I know that it's a huge station and I want to make sure I go in the right direction from the metro! Also, my ticket says'1 et 2'. What does that meas?!
    Thanks im advance for your help.

Default Re: Changing onto TGV at Montparnasse

Hi Hat,

I've added a couple more photos for exiting the Metro area of Gare Montparnasse, with the signs you'll want to follow to get up to the TGV trains. Have another look at the Photo Tour of Gare Montparnasse; You should see the added photos. It should help you get your bearings when you arrive at the station from the Metro.

With regards to your ticket that says 1 and 2, I'm going to take a wild guess that it means First and Second class, referring to the fact that you're using both first and second class train cars to complete your trip (through the RER, Metro, then finally the TGV). Without actually seeing the ticket you're referring to, I can't really say for sure what it means. If you'd like, you can take a photo of the ticket and post a message with the photo attached so that I can see it.

Good luck!

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

You are a star! Thank you so much Ben. I feel that I couldn't possibly be more prepared!
    I will let you know how I got on on my return.
    Hat

Ben

I am back from my holiday and my change at Paris went swimmingly thanks to all your information.

Thank you so much for removing the stress from my holiday!
    Hat

Glad to hear it!

Take care,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

+ Reply to Thread