+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parc des Expositions

Default Parc des Expositions

Hi Ben,
    Is the Parc des Exposition RER station closed?

I am visiting Paris from 8th Nov till 12th Nov and one of the reviewers of a hotel nearby said that Parc des Expositions RER station is closed. Is this true, as I have also booked a hotel near Parc des Exposition.

Secondly, are the ticket offices open 24hrs at the Airport. I am planning to buy the Viste card.

Thanks in Advance,

Hi Suleiman,

The RER B train station Parc des Expositions isn't fully closed, just during certain times, which are after 11PM Monday to Friday, inclusive. This information is posted (in French) on the RATP "Construction Works" page which reads:

Travaux SNCF :
    Le trafic est interrompu entre Aulnay-sous-Bois et Aéroports Charles de Gaulle.

Du lundi au vendredi jusqu’à mi 2012, de 23h00 à fin de service.
    Le week-end du 6 et 7 novembre pendant toute la durée du service.

Un service de navettes de bus est mis à votre disposition.

Pour la desserte aéroports, bus directs au départ de la gare de Mitry-Claye.

For your second question, the train ticket office at CDG Airport stays open until the last train leaves which is at 10:58 PM. Let me know if you need me to double check that time.

Best regards,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Hi Ben,
    Thanks alot, This is really helpful as I can stick with the hotel at Parc des expositions.
    Regarding the ticket offices. I will be arriving late at CDG around 01:00am (mid-night) and will take a taxi to the hotel. But I will need the Train travel card from next day onwards. So as the ticket offices at CDG will be closed by mid-night, where can I buy the card? like Can I buy it at the Parc des Expositions RER station?

I mean can I buy it at Parc des Exposition station next morning.

Hi Suleiman,

For sure, you can buy a Carte Navigo Découverte (the train travel card) the next day at Parc des Expositions RER B train station. The only legitimate reason a RATP train station ticket counter would refuse to sell a Carte Navigo is if they've run out of blank cards, which happens from time to time.

Best regards,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

Hi Ben,
    Thanks alot! Both for the info and Navigo Decouverte!

Best Regards,

+ Reply to Thread