+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luxembourg station to CDG - missed terminal 1 stop?

Default Luxembourg station to CDG - missed terminal 1 stop?

Hi Ben,

First.. thanks for creating such a great informative site. Your info posted here made the our first trip to Paris go alot smoother and saved us $$ too.

There is one thing though that you could clarify for us.. when we took the train from Luxembourg to CDG, we were heading for terminal 2. When we looked at the board, I could have sworn the stop said CDG1 and 2, but the train ended up at terminal 2 and missed 1. So assuming the train would first stop at terminal 1, we sat in the train a few minutes assuming that we had another stop and finally realized everyone had disembarked and the platform signs read we were actually at terminal 2. Do the trains from Paris to CDG first stop at terminal 2? I'm trying to document this stuff because I'm sure we will be back to wonderful Paris again.

merci beaucoup,
    Rena

Default Re: Luxembourg station to CDG - missed terminal 1 stop?

Hi Rena,

Thank you for the kind words about the site. I'm glad it helped.

Regarding the two train stations at Charles de Gaulle Airport, according to the RATP schedules for the RER B train serving CDG Airport, there is no scheduled train that stops only at Aéroport CDG 2 - TGV and not Aéroport CDG 1, which is before CDG 2.

But, this doesn't mean that there wasn't an issue at the first station with regards to security and that the train conductor was told not to stop at CDG 1 and continue straight to CDG 2.

I'm only guessing here, but I myself have seen security and army personnel close off portions of CDG Airport due to a security issue (baggage left unattended). Their response is to create a large perimeter around the item, removing all persons from the area. If something similar happened at the CDG 1 train station, perhaps the train simply did not stop there and continued directly to CDG 2.

Perhaps this was the case?

Best regards,

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

<<I'm only guessing here, but I myself have seen security and army personnel close off portions of CDG Airport due to a security issue (baggage left unattended). Their response is to create a large perimeter around the item, removing all persons from the area. If something similar happened at the CDG 1 train station, perhaps the train simply did not stop there and continued directly to CDG 2.

Perhaps this was the case?>>

Ben, honestly we are not sure what happened as there were no announcements that we could recall. I guess the key is to just pay attention to the stops! Anyway we did get to our terminals with no hitches. I've noticed travelers posting on this site with luggage concerns .. if its any help, the ticket counter person at Luxembourg station was kind enough to open an access door next to the turnstiles because my husband had 2 big pieces of luggage from a 2-week business trip that ended in Paris. I dont know if this is available at all the stations? Also at the top of the escalator at CDG terminal 2 there was a door left open next to the turnstiles - we didn't notice this until we had fought with the luggage over the turnstiles - LOL. The Parisiens we ran into were unbelievable nice and were really patient even with our bulky luggage in a crowded train.
    All in all, thanks again Ben - there is invaluable info on your site.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1985
    I've noticed travelers posting on this site with luggage concerns .. if its any help, the ticket counter person at Luxembourg station was kind enough to open an access door next to the turnstiles because my husband had 2 big pieces of luggage from a 2-week business trip that ended in Paris. I dont know if this is available at all the stations?
    Stations along lines that are wheelchair accessible will definitely have a special wheelchair door that is controllable by the ticket agent, but only 50 some odd stations out of the roughly 350 stations within Paris are handicap accessible. I'm not quite so sure about regular stations having these doors.

Also at the top of the escalator at CDG terminal 2 there was a door left open next to the turnstiles - we didn't notice this until we had fought with the luggage over the turnstiles - LOL.
    That is a funny story. At some stations (like Gare de Lyon & Gare du Nord) there exist these luggage passthrough ports with rolling bars. They don't work especially well, but probably easier than doing a weightlifter's clean & jerk with your luggage. I've seen folks get trapped with their luggage more than once trying to drag their suitcases through the double door gate style barriers. They pass through the barrier with baggage in tow, but the gate closes on the suitcase with them on the other side. Not fun.

The Parisiens we ran into were unbelievable nice and were really patient even with our bulky luggage in a crowded train.
    I've noticed that too... On the Metro/RER, everyone's generally very helpful. I very often see strangers helping others lift or descend strollers up and down stairs (including myself when the situation arises). Perhaps most people here have experienced some difficulties on public transport at one time or another and like to help out when they can.

All in all, thanks again Ben - there is invaluable info on your site.
    Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it!

Ben
    Facebook Google+
    ParisByTrain.com
    Your online train guide.
    Essential reading: Paris Metro and Paris RER.

+ Reply to Thread