+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thalys from Paris to Amsterdam

Default Thalys from Paris to Amsterdam

Hello,
    I am flying into CDG on Sunday October 9th and plan to immediately take the Thalys to Amsterdam for a couple of days of sightseeing before I return to Paris on Wednesday October 12th. It is cheaper to fly into/out of Paris rather than to fly into Amsterdam and then leave from Paris on my departure date one month later. My issue is that when I consult the Thalys website (timetable section) all trains from Paris to Amsterdam for October 9th (as welll as October 8th) are greyed out as though no trains are running that day. Does anyone know if the train not running that weekend? When I advance to the next weeks timetable I see the train is running the following Monday and so it appears that only these 2 days are blocked out. I sent an email to Thalys last week but have not heard anything back from them

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Mary

The Thalys trains from Paris Nord are only running as far as Schiphol Airport on the 9th of October. (If you enter Paris Nord and Schiphol as start and finish destinations you will see the trains and times).

If you want to go the last few miles from Schiphol into central Amsterdam you will need to transfer from the Thalys train to the airport shuttle train.

Thank you Scirocco! What a great solution to my problem. Ironic that the unoffical "customer service" on this forum is vastly superior to the offical 'customer service' from Thalys. I received a reply in a matter of hours here, and from Thalys it has been almost a week and still waiting for a reply.

+ Reply to Thread